The Canadian Association of Women Executives and Entrepreneurs (CAWEE) is a group of a bright,
dynamic businesswomen, meeting regularly in a mutually supportive environment to help build our
networks and develop valuable long-term relationships.
CAWEE women are leaders in their fields with strong professional networks. Our executives are typically
middle management or of greater seniority within their business, and our entrepreneurs are typically sole
proprietors of a business, with or without employees.
Members must represent their primary business only in CAWEE Marketplace and at CAWEE meetings and events.
- At CAWEE, we exchange ideas, advice, and network in a comfortable, stress-free environment.
- We welcome diversity and encourage you to explore the opportunities CAWEE membership
- Our reputation is largely based upon the high level of integrity and professionalism maintained by
all CAWEE members.
Principles – Continued membership in CAWEE requires that each member keep their membership in
good standing through regular attendance and payment of dues and to abide by the following principles:
- Respect: To treat one another with dignity and fairness, appreciating the diversity and the uniqueness of each individual.
- Integrity: To say what we mean, to deliver what we promise and to stand for what we believe is
- Honesty: To be truthful and straightforward in our dealings with others.
- Trust: To build confidence through open, candid communication, to deliver quality referrals and
to follow up with all referrals that we receive.
- Attitude: To display a positive and supportive attitude to other CAWEE members, potential
members, and their clients.
- Ethics: To live up to the ethical standards of our professions. Note that any professional
standards outlined in a formal code of conduct supersede the above principles.
- Responsibility: To uphold these principles and to speak up and report concerns, including
violations of laws, regulations and CAWEE policies and to seek clarification and guidance
whenever there is doubt.
Networking environment: CAWEE is committed to a positive and productive professional environment.
Harassment or discrimination is contrary to this goal and is unacceptable.
Confidentiality: Confidentiality is necessary to protect the integrity and responsibilities of the members.
The discussion, minutes, reports and other documents of the members, chapters and committees are
confidential to the parties involved in them or officially apprised of them, until such time and to such an
extent that they are formally announced, published, or otherwise officially released.
Conflict of interest: Members have a duty to disclose any relationships that would create, or appear to
create, a conflict between their personal, firm/employer or other private interests and their responsibilities
Conditions of membership:
- Members must represent their primary occupation, not a part-time business.
- Members who wish to change their classification must re-apply for membership and obtain approval from the Membership Committee for that change.
- In case of problems with a member relating to the member’s business practices or commitment to CAWEE, the Membership Committee may, at their sole discretion, put member on probation. The terms of such probation will be communicated to the member in writing.
March 17, 2021