Roundtable: Simplify your home. Simplify your life!
We are living in interesting times and the lessons we are learning will be with us for the rest of our lives.
Everyone is reacting differently to being told to stay home and stay safe. Some have used this extra time to read books, binge on Netflix, home-school their children, take classes, garden… some have even started to downsize and let go of surplus items they no longer want, use or need.
It’s always a good time to simplify your home… and your life.
On July 15th, we discussed TOP 5 DOWNSIZINGTIPS and discovered an innovative way to get started.
START SMALL, BUT START!
- Don’t let a huge TO DO list discourage you.
- Select a small area, like a drawer or shelf, take a deep breath and... let it go, let it go, let it go!
DON’T SAVE THINGS FOR GOOD.
- Don’t remember the last time you used something?
- Maybe it’s time to release it.
FIND A PLACE FOR EVERYTHING.
- When you assign specific storage places for items, you take the first step towards reducing the clutter around your home.
BE A GENEROUS GIVER.
- Donate, sell, recycle, give away or discard items you no longer want, use or need.
- Repeat regularly!
REVIEW YOUR WARDROBE SEASONALLY.
- When you pack clothes and accessories away for the summer, downsize.
- Give safe passage to items you didn’t use this year by donating them so someone else can.
SPIN the DOWNSIZING WHEEL!
People often tell us the most difficult part about a downsizing project is knowing where to start! That’s why we created the Diva Downsizing Wheel – just SPIN and BEGIN!
CLICK HERE for the wheel and take the first step to lighten-up your life!
Downsizing Diva – helping people simplify their lives since 2001